Bonaire Trip Report and Slideshow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great slideshow. Did you take all the photos? What do you use for a camera?

Chrissie
Heading to Bonaire in November aboard the Crown Princess

Thanks for bumping this, Chrissie - I missed it the first time around.

Great slideshow! I really need to get back to Bonaire.

Great slideshow. Did you see any of the BIG green moreys? We saw two, one of which was at least nine feet long and as thick as a football. I will post pics later. Very scary. The first was at Karpatta; The second was off Klein Bonaire and a tad smaller. Both at about 60 feet. These were the biggest eels that I have ever seen! The lack of other predators really puts them at the top of the pack.

What an incredible presentation!!!

I am scheduled for my first visit to Bonaire in September and the time cannot pass fast enough thanks in part to pictures like yours.

Awesome, and now i will say thank you for making my feb 2007 return to Bonaire seem even further away. Truly awesome pics. Now i really can't wait to go back.

Excellent! My wife and I are going to Bonaire next week for a week of diving. Was a rental car necessary? I haven't rented a car yet, but I might in order to hit some of the beach heads north and south of the capitol. Also, what were the water temps like? Thanks!

Yes you will want A vehicle to hit spots when the boat isn't going out. AB car rental is the big place to rent from. We got the samll pickup they have and it worked great to hit all the dive site. When you get to the dive shop ask for the book on dive sites its like 12 - 15 bucks but will help you plan your dives.

tridacna:
Great slideshow. Did you see any of the BIG green moreys? We saw two, one of which was at least nine feet long and as thick as a football. I will post pics later. Very scary. The first was at Karpatta; The second was off Klein Bonaire and a tad smaller. Both at about 60 feet. These were the biggest eels that I have ever seen! The lack of other predators really puts them at the top of the pack.

Hey there!

We saw two really big greens. The one in the slide show at Margate Bay, and one on Small Wall.

Chrissie:
Great slideshow. Did you take all the photos? What do you use for a camera?

Chrissie
Heading to Bonaire in November aboard the Crown Princess

Thanks! I used a Fuji F810 point and shoot (now sadly out of production) in an Ikelite housing. Internal flash only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom