Bonaire trip report 9/20-9/27/13 and video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My ninja clan and I took a weeklong dive trip to Bonaire last month. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed some really chilled out diving. We rented a house which was beautiful and had a great pool next to the beach. Only downside was there was a ton of mosquitos and gnats. Message me for details of the house.

Used Div'Ocean for tanks and some of my clanmates rented gear which seemed top notch. Biggest bonus was that they delivered air to the house for only a flat rate of $10 a person for the entire trip. Very easy going and always had good fills.

Favorite dive sites were:
The Lake. Double reef with easy entry and good sealife
Hilma Hooker. Did this twice and made sure to see the reef. Biggest downside is there are a lot of divers here.
Salt Pier. Beautiful during the afternoon
Taylor made. Unmarked northern site and easy to miss. Very lush coral
Sweet Dreams. Some current but filthy with fish and life
Alice in Wonderland, 1000 Steps and Oil Slick and Invisibles were good too.

Not to fond of Something Special or Andrea I (we did this first and entered in the wrong section, climbing over rocks)

Water was warm, vis was amazing, and the beer was cold :)

Enjoy the video. Sorry about the color, this was pre-GoPro

https://vimeo.com/76494689

[video=vimeo;76494689]https://vimeo.com/76494689[/video]

Back
Top Bottom