Bonaire Trip Disaster Part #2 (the claim process)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok.....

Heres the update....

I just got back this past Saturday July 22nd from Bonaire.

I did all my homework and obtained all my reciepts for the dive equipment and camera stuff that was stolen from my case in Bonaire. Thank god that I had all the reciepts pretty handy since I only purchased the stuff just about 6 weeks prior...

I filled out all paperwork that American Airlines required...and faxed 16 pages of paperwork and copies of reciepts to their baggage claim department...Plus a 4 page letter letting them know my disappointment with American Airlines..

I spoke to the customer service rep and asked him what are the odds that Im going to get anything at all back for the stolen items..He mentioned that American Airlines policy states that they are not liable for anything lost that were on domestic flights...and since the trip was an international one...there might be a chance of getting something.....so that was encouraging to here....Their liability only maxes out at $2800 according the AA website.....

He also mentioned that I would not get any type of decision on my claim for about 12 weeks!!! dam thats long....

Im hoping that since I had everything they were asking that my claim might be resolved quicker. I am just over $2000 in loss equipment so Im curious what I will be considered to get, if anything at all....

So now its a waiting game.....

I put in my new order for a new camera....recharchable batteries and chargers...trying to put my camera setup back together.....Weird thing about it is that whom ever stole all my camera stuff took the wide angle and macro lense but didnt take the Ikelite housing which fits it....maybe it was too big.....hmmm

a few other things that were taken were a tank light....rusty screwdriver and wrench.....kind of weird they needed that..

If anyone was on that flight from SJU to Bon on July 16th...I would love to hear if you had anything missing in your bags....there were about 10-15 other people that had their bags delayed for 2 days as well.....I just can see thieves only going through my buddies and mine......

Oh well...I will update you all when I get more details from American Airlines..

If anyone has any expierence with type stuff...I would appreciate any info on how you handled it and what you eventually got after it was all said and done....

Dam I hope I get something....I hate sinking all that money in the same stuff again....This was by far my most frustrating dive trip ever....
:lol:

NR77

NAIBdiver1:
Keep your eye on Ebay !

NAIBDiver1

Yep, a few years back a friend of mine dropped his brand new 03' cobra off at the Ford service center (some recall thing). One of the Ford employees walks out into the garage, on the lot, and sees the car driving off. The dealership assumed that my friend picked the car up, so they gave him a call. It turned out the car was stolen right out of the maintenance bay.

Several months later he checked ebay, and found some very unique car parts listed. He called the police, the police ended up arresting the seller, he was the thief.

You might get lucky..

I have tried to change the name to your suggested name but have no luck....

I went into the control panel....changed the name ...gave the reason why....and thats all I got....

Any ideas on how to change it...?? Im all ears..

NR77

NightRaven77:
I have tried to change the name to your suggested name but have no luck....

I went into the control panel....changed the name ...gave the reason why....and thats all I got....

Any ideas on how to change it...?? Im all ears..

NR77

You could try PM'ing a Mod, they have uber powers

Back
Top Bottom