Bonaire Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

champ

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I are heading out to Bonaire this May. Any recomendations on lodging, favorite dive sites, other ...

I was there last April and stayeda t the Plaza Resort and loved it...i wouldn't go anywhere else. the dive shop is there Tucan Diving all the staff is really nice, very helpful and pleasant they pretty much will take you where u want to dive. alot of shore diving also if you rent a truck. A must do is the wreck of the Hilma Hooker that can be done by shore dives or boat. Klein is also a good spot to dive...alot of areas to pick from. Angel City is also a very nice site that is a shore dive. pretty much you can't go wrong anywhere you dive in Bonaire. I wish i was going. for eats make sure you go to Casablancas & Richard's they are both great.

Plaza Resort is good as well as Buddy Dive.

There's a nice Japanese restaurant as well.

You must dive Klein Bonaire and Karpata.

And you will need a car (shore diving paradise). :thumbs_up

Don't forget hard-soled booties.

Belmar, Plaza, Buddys, Capt Don's, Eden Beach, Divi...they are all good. There are many others and private rentals as well. Take a look on www.infobonaire.com to see what each looks like and offers.

For diving, hard soled boots are a must if you want to shore dive. For exposure protection, not much needed(I use a 3mm shorty, YMMV). The book "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" has most of the info you need to manage each of the sites.

Some of my favorites:
Red Slave
Invisibles
Soft Coral Garden(unmarked)
Ole Blue
Karpata
Angle City to the Hooker via second reef
Lac Cai(east side, conditions permitting)
Klein boat dives

You might need a box of tissues for the wife for the day you have to leave.

Enjoy Bonaire!

Jet

Like the other have said, there are a bunch of good places on Bonaire. Where really depends on what you require in a resort. Cheap or fancy, on the water or not. Give us an idea of what your requirements are and we can put you on to a good place. I really don't know of a place on Bonaire I would not stay but all I need is a clean room, a shower and an AC. I know people hate it but do a search on this board on Bonaire. Over the years many of us have posted tons of helpful hints, restautants, dive sites and other info.

I cant agree more with Jetwrench that you should grab the "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" book, it is hugely helpful in planning your dives. Two of my favorite's are Angel City to the Hooker and Oil Slick Leap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom