Bonaire report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maule

Contributor
Reaction score
Was in Bonaire July 24-31 staying a Buddy Dives. This was my 2nd stay at BD and both were excellent. The staff couldn't have been nicer. From the front desk employees, bar staff and of course the dive operation. This is just a first class operation. Now for the dives, incredible! We dived "Something Special" from a boat as it appears the shore dive has been blocked off by a private property owner. I love this dive site and is my personal favorite. We saw frog fish, rays, turtle and 12 drums together and the reef was beautiful. Also did the 3 tank park boat dive via Buddy Dive. In my opinion this is worth the extra $126.00 per person. Sites were pristine. Shore dived "Invincibles" and that area of the reef is SWARMING with fish. Saw 2 octopus and a seahorse on "Oil Slick". Every year, for the past 5 years, I go to Bonaire and every year I say this is the best vacation I ever had. It's been the truth every time I have said it.

Thank you for the update. I leave for Bonaire in 12 days, this will be my first trip outside the Great Lakes. Should be something totally different for me. Thanks again.

Mr Freeze, you picked a great year to go to Bonaire. IMO we saw more fish and creatures this year than the previous 2 combined. A friend on island described it as a "fish bloom". Have a great trip and report when you get back!

We were there about 4 weeks ahead of you. We had no problems accessing Something Special from shore. It is at the end of the pavement, at private property, but you can drop your gear there, and park a bit down the road if there is no parking right by the beach.

Thanks for the report, can't wait to get back next year!

Thanks for the report! I am going in late October with 2 other divers and spouces. Have been there once and really enjoyed myself. Shore diving in the afternoon is very memorable. Can't wait!!

Great news. I was considering this as a possible fall-back location, now, I think I may bump this one up one my want-to-go list to the top.

Thank you for the update. I leave for Bonaire in 12 days, this will be my first trip outside the Great Lakes. Should be something totally different for me. Thanks again.

I'll be in Boaire Sept 11-25. This will be my ninth trip there in the last 5 years. I love the diving there. It doesn't get any easier.

This being your first trip away from those cooler waters I can tell you a few things. #1...leave the dry suit home. Expect water temps of about 84*F, maybe a touch more. 3mm works well just about anywhere in the tropics. Bonaire is no exception. Personally I wear a Lycra suit and just add a hood for my 4th or 5th dive of the day.

If you've read about the petty thefts in trucks then pay heed to the warnings. I've never had any troubles, but no sense inviting any either.

Have a great time and enjoy the warm tropical waters and the 80' or more viz.

Thanks for the good report on Buddy Dive Resort. My husband and I are going the last week in Oct. We have dove all over the Caribbean except Bonaire, so this will be our first. We are looking so forward to it after hearing all about the world class diving there.

Anyone else going to Bonaire around the 24th of October?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom