Bonaire, recommended diving and places to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are going to be in Bonaire in January. We are looking for recommendations of where to dive (or not to), and places to stay (or not to). Any other recommendations that you would deem helpful.
She is a very advanced diver, and I am an instructor if that helps with the diving recommendations.
Thanks
Steven

Buddy Dive

My wife and I are going to be in Bonaire in January. We are looking for recommendations of where to dive (or not to), and places to stay (or not to). Any other recommendations that you would deem helpful.
She is a very advanced diver, and I am an instructor if that helps with the diving recommendations.
Thanks
Steven
Steven, we typically like to rent houses for our Bonaire stays. We've had good luck with both Bonaire Comfort Rentals and Sunrentals Bonaire. For tanks we use a small dive shop named Tropical Divers. They've got steel tanks and secure gear storage.

I am a very experienced Bonaire diver. Hundreds of dives all over the island and over many years. I love your videos. They are so on point and helpful to those who have no experience and even those with plenty. I especially loved your Jeff Davis video! So many people overlook it because it definitely appears intimidating at first glance. Thanks again!
Thanks so much Trailboss! Our goal is to create somewhat of a video guidebook for Bonaire. I just hope we can make it back soon to film additional dive sites, as well everything else Bonaire. Thanks again for your kind comments!
-Kevin

+ Buddy Dive & Captain Don's. Side by side sharing the same house reef. Good dive shops, both cater to the divers. Good location to access all the major dive sites within a 30 minute drive. Less than a 10 minute drive into town and within 20 minutes to the airport. I've stayed closer to town at the Caribe Inn and Divi. Issue is the cruise ships park too close, assuming there are cruise ships in the near term. I'd still recommend being north of town. I've heard good things about Sand Dollar and Den Leman but both are DIYs vacations. Dive Friends has multiple shops throughout the island and I've been to most and they are all good. Certainly better than the resort dive shops. My 2 cents. BTW - been to most of the Caribbean islands and Bonaire is the best for diving. Curacao is a #2. Enjoy.

I would get a place with a kitchen. Food can be expensive. I have two picky kids so a kitchen is a must for us.

jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom