Bonaire pics gallery - online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring once bubbled...
"You see, diving is not important at all..it is the photography that is important. Scuba is just a means to an end...namely, getting the underwater shot. I don't like to dive, am a horrible buddy, and am only interested in viewing the underwater world through a lens. I spend more time with my camera equipment than I do my dive gear and I could care less about the sensation of being underwater."

There's two distinct differences in underwater photographers.

1. Divers who photograph. Taking pictures is secondary to safety, good diving practices, and ecology.
2. Photographers who dive. Getting the shot is all that counts. See the quote above.

We've all seen good examples of both.

Dee once bubbled...

There's two distinct differences in underwater photographers.

1. Divers who photograph. Taking pictures is secondary to safety, good diving practices, and ecology.
2. Photographers who dive. Getting the shot is all that counts. See the quote above.

We've all seen good examples of both.
I couldn't agree more..I hate #2 types...

Obviously my attempt at sarcasm was lost somewhere in there when I stumbled on somebody's sore spot. Oh well... Or maybe I just read too many of jepuskar's posts and am getting better at starting a controversy :)

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...
Obviously my attempt at sarcasm was lost somewhere in there when I stumbled on somebody's sore spot. Oh well... Or maybe I just read too many of jepuskar's posts and am getting better at starting a controversy :)

-Roman.
That was my fault..sorry. I had a lot of exposure lately to #2 types and had a chip on my shoulder. Your pics are awesome though...wish my underwater pics from Bonaire had turned out that good. I guess that's what I get for using a disposable underwater camera, eh?

You just sort of hit on a pet peeve quite a few of us have. I work hard not to be lumped into group #2, as do many others.

Dee once bubbled...
I work hard not to be lumped into group #2, as do many others.

Yes, a lot of us try to do that. However, being a diver who photographs doesn't mean that you can't get creative with the shots now and then. Naturally, you'd be doing that while floating off the reef and keeping an eye on your buddy, at least between shots :) . I believe it is possible to do both.

-Roman.

Without the artistry, a photo is just a snapshot. And it helps to have a buddy whose main objective is keeping you in sight! :wink:

Dee once bubbled...
Without the artistry, a photo is just a snapshot. And it helps to have a buddy whose main objective is keeping you in sight! :wink:
Let me see if I understand this. There is a difference between a photo and a snapshot?

A snapshot is a "Ooh, this thing looks cool!" ::SNAP::. A photograph is a "Ooh, this thing looks cool! Now what would be the best way to compose the frame with the thing I'm photographing, light it, adjust the camera settings for the conditions, and then wait until it looks just right?" Then, ::SNAP::. Or rather several ::SNAPs::, in case the 1st one didn't come out right due to whatever...

-Roman.

notabob once bubbled...
A snapshot is a "Ooh, this thing looks cool!" ::SNAP::. A photograph is a "Ooh, this thing looks cool! Now what would be the best way to compose the frame with the thing I'm photographing, light it, adjust the camera settings for the conditions, and then wait until it looks just right?" Then, ::SNAP::. Or rather several ::SNAPs::, in case the 1st one didn't come out right due to whatever...

-Roman.
Guess I need a photography course...I thought everything was a snapshot. I had no idea there was that much involved..

Back
Top Bottom