Bonaire pics gallery - online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the one with the Coney and small Gold dust Moray.

Wow, that is hands down my favorite shot of the entire trip! I even use it as my desktop wallpaper :) . They both just sat there and kept posing for me, shot after shot...

I don't have an ID book, but I thought the two love birds were a Graysby and a Golden Tail moray? Got any suggestions for a good ID book? Perhaps I do need to invest in one...

-Roman.

The Graysby doesn't have the lip spots...I get them confused. The Goldentail moray was called the Gold Dust for along time...same thing.

Guess I need to go back and study the books! :)

I really like the Paul Humaan Reef Set...Fish, Creatures, Coral. The CD has a great ID quiz that will really test your skills...the snappers and parrotfish still eat my lunch!

Try it here.....Fish Quiz

Check this out...

Is there an equine ID course?

I had heard that donkeys were everywhere! The more I see/hear about Bonaire the less I want to go there!

It's not as bad as people say... You do see the wild donkeys quite a bit, but I can't say that they were everywhere, trying to steal food off your plate and drink your beer. Consider them a touch of local flavor, like the ever present iguanas! You can't even smell the donkeys really... Besides, you go there for diving, which isn't as bad as some portray. Think of all the photo ops! I thought the fish variety was excellent! And while the reef is similar in most places, there is enough variation in the terrain along the leeward shore to keep things interesting. Steep walls in the north, regular reefs around the center, double reef slightly south, piers, Klein, etc. There's variation in the animals too. You see more colorful anemonies in the south, for instance... Plenty of stuff to keep things interesting for a week.

-Roman.

http://www.antipodeum.com/galleries/bonaire2003/iguana.jpg

...better than most of the fish, in fact. They were cute and it gave us something to watch when we weren't in the water.

Back
Top Bottom