Bonaire or Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tend to agree with Doctorfish. I don't think you will be disappointed in either GC or Bon and consider LC. I have been to all three and was lucky enough last year to dive GC in April for a week and Bonaire in July. I like all three islands for what each has to offer. I enjoy the diving on all three. Bonaire offers me the freedom to dive as often as I want, when I want and solo if I want. Nothing beats that for me. You can't beat the price on a week of diving in Bon. The negative for me for Bon are the flights, travel times and airfare but overall still worth the trip. What you may pay extra in airfare to Bon you will more than save elsewhere. GC has great diving too and is more expensive than Bon and more built up but that is not a negative for us. As pointed out airfare and travel to GC and even the LC is easier that the trip to Bon. On GC, we will stay either on the north end of 7mb, north coast or east end. It only seems crowded and built up around the downtown and on the southern end of 7mb. We will only head downtown on a none cruiseship day, which I think is at least every Sun, but I might be wrong on that. LC is the most rustic of the three but the diving is spectacular. You eat sleep and dive on LC. Only a handful of resorts and restaurants. The airfield is a field and the plane taxis across the main rd where you would be hard pressed to find traffic or cars traveling that would have to be stopped for the flight. Would love to have the freedom on LC to dive like I do on Bon but LC diving is great and the island beautiful. Would go back to any and all and hope to do so soon.

If you like boat diving with lots of customer service, try any of the Cayman islands. To choose which Cayman location, if you or your traveling companions like shopping, lots of restaurant choices, nightlife, the Cobalt Coast or Sunset House are good choices. Prefer slower pace, less action, but some activity, a nice condo? Go to the East End to Compass Point and dive with Ocean Frontiers--another dive operation with good customer service. The diving here can be slightly more challenging, but it's quite good. Do you want to dive somewhere spectacular, lots of customer service, eat well, have a cocktail, ride a hammock, and little else? Go to Little Cayman, any operation. Do you want lots of shore diving, any time & anywhere you please? Go to Bonaire. Personally, I love them all, but LC is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom