Bonaire July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darnallj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When woud be a good time to book air for JUly bonaire trip

Can fly out of servea airports

leave the 11th or 12th return the 19th

STL St louis
BNA Nashville
MEM Memphis
Atl Atanta

I liked the idea of the delta atl fight but it is like 1K+ AA seems to be the best right now at 515pp

Any thoughts????

I have been following the July fares and right now (well, as of 24 hours ago!) AA and Continental seem to be at what I consider a good fare for Bonaire. We usually book our July flight anytime from December to as late as April and have yet to notice a big jump. But then again with fuel prices rising so rapidly, this year could be different. You might want to look at both AA routes -- AA through San Juan and then to Bonaire or AA to Miami and Curacao where you can then get the DiviDivi flight to Bonaire. This option allows for much more civilized arrival and departure times than the San Juan route.

You might also consider the PITA cost involved with AA. The flight has layovers in PR , has been know to overbook and/or has bumped luggage on the PR/Bon leg. PR also has a rep of things going "missing" as they pass through the airport. To me, that has some "cost" I have to figure into the equation.

You might also consider the PITA cost involved with AA. The flight has layovers in PR , has been know to overbook and/or has bumped luggage on the PR/Bon leg. PR also has a rep of things going "missing" as they pass through the airport. To me, that has some "cost" I have to figure into the equation.

Herman, I see that you have tried the AA flight thru PR! :D AA would be my last option going to Bonaire. IMHO the direct flights are worth the extra bucks to have all my gear arrive the same day that I do. Also, the last time that I flew AA to Bonaire it took me 22 hours to make a 8 hour flight! Never again. Bob

There's also DAE from Curacao to Bonaire. $82 (one way? R/T?) with frequent departures. It's a lot bigger plane than Divi's also...

We flew into Curacao on the AA Miami afternoon flight and the DAE plane had just arrived and was going back to Bonaire that afternoon.

Dutch Antilles Express

I agree with herman, the AA layover in San Juan wastes a whole day. We'll never do that again...

Darn,

Actually Air Jamaica looks like your best bet, into Curacao. Around $475.00 RT includes taxes then on to Bonaire via DAE, Divi or Insel Air....total RT is going to cost you about $575.00 more or less.

Flight is Atlanta - Montego Bay - Curacao - Aruba.

You leave Atlanta round 7am, get into Curacao around 2:30, and then can be in Bonaire before 5pm....

Just another option. AJ stops flying direct to Bonaire in March, but continues with Curacao.

Hope this helps.

Liz

Thanks for the options I will chk out the AJ FLights, I find it odd everyone has had trouble with San Juan I have flown through there four times going to toher palces with out problem, Last year we took the continetal red eye out of houston which was a direct flight and they lsot 2 bags so the direct flights dont always work

Back
Top Bottom