Bonaire in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...not to be a party-pooper but my April 2009 'Undercurrent' mag is reporting major damage to Bonaire reefs from Hurricane OMAR that hit 10/08. .....they even add that the 'signature' night dive at Town Pier is no longer possible as they scraped clean the pier pilings to inspect for damage so there's nothing left there to see. Just plan your trip with 'open eyes'...that's all...and best of luck!

Karl

Don't worry!! Bonaire is still awesome!!

Check out the numerous trip reports and pics both here in the ABC Island section and Bonaire Talk.

Yea, the Northern sites were hit rough but, all the major damage is only to 40ft and after that there is still plenty to see.

Its still an amazing trip and I wish we were going back again this year.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Following the "code of the swamper", I've been diving the local lakes for the past 4 years. The clearest water I've seen is the Comal. Even with the hurricane damage, I think Bonaire is a "must do" for me before I go completely mental...

I understand the thing about going mental. I think I have forgotten what saltwater is.

Wow! I guess I got lucky when I made to Bonaire in Sep 2008.

I understand the thing about going mental. I think I have forgotten what saltwater is.

Wow! I guess I got lucky when I made to Bonaire in Sep 2008.

Sheesh, you think you got it bad? Almost two years, no salt, no blue. (Well, I take it back, Spring Lake! You know I love you!) But, am going to change all that this summer. Coz will never be the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom