bonaire--finally

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not technically since most offer drive/dive packages bundling your condo/room, often some boat/shore diving plus a truck - but not meals.

Divi Flamingo offers an optional meal plan for 1-2 or all 3 meals. I personally wouldn't buy dinners there, you can walk to other options in town in all price ranges.

Buddy dive includes a breakfast buffet in their package price.

Those are the only two I can think of off-hand.

moved to the ABC forum.

Not really any "all inclusives". But why would you want one with so many great eating choices available? Find a place to stay and get out and enjoy the island. Bonaire isn't Jamaica!:D

Not really any "all inclusives". But why would you want one with so many great eating choices available? Find a place to stay and get out and enjoy the island. Bonaire isn't Jamaica!:D

Absolutely!! There are so many great places to eat on Bonaire I would hate to be stuck at any one place.

All inclusives often include adult beverages, perhaps that is the OP rational...Agreed, with so many great eats, why limit yourself? As to adult beverages ~ alcohol and water based activities never mix in my book :no:

Jersey et al,

Actually, most places like Karel's Bar, Mona Lisa, the Balashi Bar at Divi, Captain Don's and many other places offer happy hour where it is buy one get one free or for example, you get get a beer for 2.50 naf, which is $1.25 or so...can't beat that.....

Actually, most places like Karel's Bar, Mona Lisa, the Balashi Bar at Divi, Captain Don's and many other places offer happy hour where it is buy one get one free or for example, you get get a beer for 2.50 naf, which is $1.25 or so...can't beat that.....
Nope, and since so many tourist accommodations have full kitchens or at least a minifridge, mixing it yourself (or opening your own beer) isn't so hard either and even cheaper than happy-hour bar prices.

As for those rejecting alcohol together with water-based activities (how would you enjoy something as boring as sailing without a beer in hand?!?), surely no one here is suggesting hitting the bars before going diving. After diving, the only real worries are hangover, dehydration, and the bar tab. Water helps with the first two. Mastercard takes care of the third (until you get home).

And for those who do suggest hitting the bars before going diving :)no:) the mini-beers sold on island at least make it easier to have one or three before a dive and not be "tanked" :shocked2:

thanks to all that replied. the reason why we are looking for all inclusive is NOT the booze. we find that it's just cheaper when meals are included and one of us is now retired!

Cheers

The Plaza Resort offers an optional breakfast package, they also have a very good beach BBQ on Tuesday nights, $12.50 if you buy tickets in advance. Like it's been said, there are a lot of great options for dinner and since many accomadations also include a kitchenette you could do some meals in the room - I'd opt only for breakfast and maybe a few lunches. Supermarket Warehouse is where I'd recommend shopping if you take that route. If you get a breakfast package just budget $100/day for 2 for lunch and dinners and you should be good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom