Bonaire Feb 26-Mar6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe, I am going somewhere around that time and Bonaire is on the list. If you are looking for a buddy, come over to the Bonaire board and ask there. We keep a running list of who is on island and when. Where are you staying?

www.bonairetalk.com

My wife and i are stayinh at the plaza resort. We are doing the scuba honeymoon.

I have to comment Herman- this is not fair- you travel to Bonaire far too often and I am still wallowing in Post-Bonaire Depression- its just not fair!!!!

maybe if I am really good I can get a late Christmas present....... honey...wheres the credit card......

oh- and scubaaarohn, definately visit bonairetalk before your trip- I was 'recognized' from posts on SB and bonairetalk by my accent- I was gearing up and some folks nearby said " hey- you're no jackie are you???" based just on the fact that I had a British accent and was from Florida!!! funny how these little things can happen!!!

scubaaaronh:
Anyone from the board gonna be in bonaire feb 26 - mar 6?
Nope, but I WILL be there the week of Jan 9th!! Ill let you know how it is!!

munkispank:
oh- and scubaaarohn, definately visit bonairetalk before your trip- I was 'recognized' from posts on SB and bonairetalk by my accent- I was gearing up and some folks nearby said " hey- you're no jackie are you???" based just on the fact that I had a British accent and was from Florida!!! funny how these little things can happen!!!
I had a similar experience, I was standing at the rinse tank at BelMar our first day there talking to a woman(Yana) who'd answered several of my questions on BT earlier in the year. Totally a coincidence, neither of us knew the other was going to be there.

I read somewhere that Gibi's closed, and he hosts the BT'ers at his house on Tuesday night now.

scubaaaronh:
My wife and i are stayinh at the plaza resort. We are doing the scuba honeymoon.
honeymoon?
And you expect to find time for diving??? LOL

Seriously, good choice, it's one of the better resorts on island. They definitely have one of the better beaches. The beach bar's fun too, sometimes there's a steel drum band at night. And it's not exclusively a dive resort so there's other amenities there, nice pool area and other facilities. What I really liked about the Plaza was that it's not in as compressed a space as some of the diveresorts to the north, so there's plenty of parking and room for the resort to spread out a little. And it's close to town, the only one closer is Divi. There's a pretty decent sandwich shop across from the main entrance for a quick lunch between dives.

Also the Toucan Dive on site, is one of the better ops IMO. Get on a boat with Ebby, he's a riot. Regardless of what boat they show you on, you can switch if there's space. They'll go to Rappel if asked, one of the best Bonaire sites you can't get to w/o a boat. Other than that, request Klein sites when asked, everything else on Bonaire is shore accessible.

When shorediving, drive down to the diveshop and park right between it and the tank facility to p/u tanks. If you're boat diving with them earlier in the day, just leave your gear in the locker room and pick it all up together. I left a camera in the tank there and all my other stuff on the bench while we went to lunch, it's pretty safe. And grab fruit from breakfast for the iguanas on the dock.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom