Bonaire again? Looking for recommendations for new dive destination.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WTF are you going to do with a slate if you're diving solo at recreational depths. . . .
It is for your dive plan that you are going to follow.
And, I suppose, to write a note to your loved ones if you get badly entangled. :)

It is for your dive plan that you are going to follow.
And, I suppose, to write a note to your loved ones if you get badly entangled. :)
Dive plan on Curacao. " I think I'll go left for the first dive and see what turns up"

LMAO

" I think I'll go left for the first dive and see what turns up"
This is a good start to a solo dive gone wrong.....on Curacao or anywhere.

I can neither confirm nor deny ever seeing anyone going for a splash with a bunch of photo gear and telling their non-diving spouse "I'll just photograph some critters in the sand right out there" on Cur. He may've had a slate, for white balance, I didn't ask.

Not really, a long swim. Fantasy Island?
View attachment 526876

I'm guessing that you are thinking of Fantasy Island Resort on Roatan, they share the same house reef with Cocoview.

Yep - my bad. I get confused.

We do accept solodivers that have all the equipment needed in redundancy, so if you have a 2 computers, 2 regulatorsets, a slate, extra mask, extra signaling devices, and so on....

Count me out. way too much unnecessary equipment required. Cross Curacao off the list.

This is a good start to a solo dive gone wrong.....on Curacao or anywhere.

Wrong. Your opinion is fine - but it's an opinion not a fact.

Yep - my bad. I get confused.

Count me out. way too much unnecessary equipment required. Cross Curacao off the list.

Wrong. Your opinion is fine - but it's an opinion not a fact.
Whatever. I'm just going by the training manuals for solo divers....planning a dive and then executing the plan is a central element. I know YOU don't care....which is YOUR opinion.

All gowest required of me was a solo cert and a pony. That is pretty basic.

But maybe you would be happier elsewhere. Best of luck with your search.

All gowest required of me was a solo cert and a pony. That is pretty basic.

I was going by drrich2's post "2 computers, 2 regulatorsets, a slate, extra mask, extra signaling devices, and so on....". I've got the card and the pony so I guess Curacao would work. Have to see what travel time and cost is like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom