Bonaire Accomadations Help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We stayed at Plaza last year, and next years trip are planning on staying at Golden Reef Inn. Plaza was very nice but did cost a lot, especially when we were only there to sleep.

NightRaven77:
Hello Everyone....

A buddy and I are planning to go to Bonaire this July...

My question to you all is are there any hotels that may be more of an advantage to stay at than others are.....

Maybe one has better rates...maybe one is closer to more dive sites...maybe it just a question of popularity...or maybe one is more ritzy and more upper class than the others....I am setting this trip on my own so thats why I ask.....

I am looking on the Bonaire websites to get all my information but wanted some real world expierences to pull opinions from...

Thanks again for any help!!

NightRaven77:14:
A little more info on what you want would help. On the water or off the water? High end or budget accomodations, or middle of the road? Resort or away from the "crowds"? Planning mostly shore diving or want a boat package?... Length of your stay may be important.

My 6th trip is set and no travel agent was neccessary. Airfare, room, truck, and dive op arranged. Took about 2-3 hours of my time. If you wish, send me a pm with your phone# and I can give you the long version.

Jet

We stayed at The Deep Blue View - a B&B up the hill - on our first trip. The package deal was great (room, truck, boat dives, sunset cruise, BBQ dinner & to-die-for breakfast every morning!) Since we were unfamilar with Bonaire, we didn't want to get lost in a dive resort, or hotel with lots of people our first trip. Menno & Esther provided a very relaxed atmosphere, and as much, or as little attention as we needed. We loved it so much, we're heading back to stay with them again this May, for 2 weeks.

Check out their web site .. you'll find those that have stayed there once, love it!

Well...

Heres what were looking for...

*High end resort/hotel
*On the water
*close to town if possible...
*we are looking at shore diving only

We kind of go all out on our dive trips.....we aint cutting out coupons for this trip....best of the best will be our goal...

NightRaven77

Plaza fits that bill. About five minutes from town and about three minutes from the airport. We really enjoyed it there.

Harbor Village has perhaps the nicest accommodations. The reef out front is pretty second-rate though, consisting mainly of coral rubble. I drive to dive sites and do a couple of boat dives each day so the house reef isn't such a high priority. The beachfront suites, though expensive, are a better value than the rooms.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of feedback. For my 2c worth, the Plaza Resort, with its embedded Toucan Divers operation, worked really well for me on a trip last year. The 'suites' are well outfitted. There is all-day beach access and the boats are well run and trips well guided.

Back
Top Bottom