Bonaire 24-31 October - Looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be staying at Golden Reef Inn and I'm looking for dive buddies. I'll have a truck, and will be getting air/NITROX from Wannadive. Anyone going to be there and want a dive buddy?

Be sure to dive the Wanna Dive site that is located south. It is down the road the airport is on and sits on the right side of the road. There is a parking area on the left if the front is all occupied. Pretty good reef.

Be sure to dive the Wanna Dive site that is located south. It is down the road the airport is on and sits on the right side of the road. There is a parking area on the left if the front is all occupied. Pretty good reef.

That would be their Windsock location. That's where we saw the Orange Seahorse last March. :lotsalove:

Oh, did I mention that this will be my seventh week diving on Bonaire in less that 3 years - all with Wannadive? :D

This will be my second week with GRI.

I'll be staying at Golden Reef Inn and I'm looking for dive buddies. I'll have a truck, and will be getting air/NITROX from Wannadive. Anyone going to be there and want a dive buddy?

Hi Waterskier1,

My buddy Micheal and I will stay at GRI from Oct 21 to 28, this is the 1st Bonaire trip for any of us, it will be great we can do some dive together, both of us are AOW and NITROX certified, Micheal has about 30 dives and I have 63.

We have same package I think, we will have a truck too, and tanks from Wannadive. I'm a camera guy, always have the big camera gear with me, my buddy is strong swimmer.

I also plan to do some night dives and the "UV night dive", built a LED UV light and filter I will try it over there.

Elise and I will be there at the GRI same days as you..........are you taking the red-eye out of Houston? In any cae I'm sure we will run into each other at Liz's

I'm wondering if your going alone Waterskier as the thought has crossed my mind, but i thought it might be awkward trying to tag along with other divers.

I am here (GRI) now - this is my first chance to access the internet. I'd be happy to dive with any of you. I've also found another ScubaBoarder that I'm diving with also. I suspect some of you are right outside my door as I'm typing this. I'll look for you and try to introduce myself.

Hi Waterskier1,

My buddy Micheal and I will stay at GRI from Oct 21 to 28, this is the 1st Bonaire trip for any of us, it will be great we can do some dive together, both of us are AOW and NITROX certified, Micheal has about 30 dives and I have 63.

We have same package I think, we will have a truck too, and tanks from Wannadive. I'm a camera guy, always have the big camera gear with me, my buddy is strong swimmer.

I also plan to do some night dives and the "UV night dive", built a LED UV light and filter I will try it over there.

I took the red-eye out of Houston, but last week. This will be my second week on the island. I'll likely be on the flight with you next Saturday morning though.

Elise and I will be there at the GRI same days as you..........are you taking the red-eye out of Houston? In any cae I'm sure we will run into each other at Liz's

I'm wondering if your going alone Waterskier as the thought has crossed my mind, but i thought it might be awkward trying to tag along with other divers.

I was with a group the first week (last week) but am staying by myself this week. I know that there are other divers that are looking for buddies too. It is just a matter of finding them. Or, going with a group that you meet here. Also, most of the dive shops have a "Buddy Wanted" board where you can post for a buddy.

It looks like I'll have several this trip :D

The down side is that most things are "double occupancy" here (the room, and the truck) which makes it a bit more expensive, versus finding someone to share with, but other than that: Welcome to Bonaire :coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom