Bomb in the Maldives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder how long this thread will last.... :)

but somebody's gota say it

The Maldives Tourist Board distributed the following press release a couple of hours ago.

MINISTRY OF TOURISM AND CIVIL AVIATION
REPUBLIC OF MALDIVES
Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation, Ghazee Building, First Floor, Ameer Ahmed Magu, Male’, Maldives
Tel: +(960)332 3224, +(960)332 3226, +(96 0)332 1216, Fax: +(960)332 2512
E-mail: info@maldivestourism.gov.mv, website: www.maldivestourism.gov.mv
Reference number: 88-DS/NEWS/2007/53
NEWS RELEASE
Date: 29th September 2007
Time: 2045 hrs
Small home made device goes off at Sultan Park compound, Male’
A small home made device went off at approximately 1436 hrs this afternoon at the Sultan Park
compound, Male’, which houses the National Museum.
This incident caused injury to 12 foreigners − 2 Japanese nationals, 2 British nationals and 8
Chinese nationals.
The Japanese and the British nationals were treated at the ADK hospital, while the Chinese
were treated at the IGM hospital. The Japanese and the Chinese were treated for minor cuts and
burns, while the British nationals were treated for more severe burns.
The 2 Japanese nationals and the 8 Chinese nationals, according to sources at the ADK and
IGM hospitals, were discharged a short while ago.

I will not defend numbers that I flatly indicate are blatant guesswork and personal OPINION. They are apt to be wrong. What I am saying (which seems to be getting missed) is that most Muslims are not a threat to us or anyone. The call for genocide is inappropriate.

Secondly, This has clearly left the scope of the advisability to going to the Maldives to dive. I am already in Dutch for using a poorly chosen word in another thread that offended someone. I won't be party to a call for genocide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom