Boltsnap - Snapbolts.. size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy43068

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There are several different size bolt snaps available. What size is the most practical for DIR?

I want to use the same size for clipping everything and not sure what size would work best underwater. I'm thinking half inch, but don't know.

Could someone help out a little??

Thanks!!

Randy

Randy43068:
There are several different size bolt snaps available. What size is the most practical for DIR?

I want to use the same size for clipping everything and not sure what size would work best underwater.

From my limited experience, one size does not work for everything. I prefer to use a small bolt snap (1/2") for my long hose and backup lights and a larger one (3/4") for my SPG. I’ve also seen some divers use 1" bolt snaps for stage bottles. Carry some spare double enders in your pocket too.

Thanks for the information! I appreciate it. Now I'll have to order a few and in different sizes.

Thanks again,

Randy

The size also depends on the kind of gloves you use. If you dive in cold water and use thick or dry gloves, the small bolt snaps are not handy.

D.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom