Bohol Snorkelling & Macro ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Richard H

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I have a non diving wife and want to do some macro photography in Bohol but also need to keep my wife happy with snorkelling opportunities for her. Ideally she would come on the boat and snorkel while I was underwater.

Any recommendations on where to go ?

Thanks for your help.

Please read here:
"Smooth seas in the channel between Cebu and Bohol. The Philippine Siren cruised in the early morning from its anchorage at Pangangan Island to the popular tourist island of Balicasag.
A great morning dive with strong current and good visibility at the Black Forest dive site, and one of the guests found an octopus. A big school of bigeye trevally greeted the divers, and guests with underwater scooters were able to play in the school a little longer.
Then an afternoon of more great diving. Green sea turtles and thousands of bigmouth mackerel and fuseliers, along with an unlimited supply of macro subjects, and some of the guests proclaimed these to be some of their best dives ever."

Trip Reports

there is good macro in balicasag and there is excellent macro in arco point which is closer to alona beach

there is good macro in balicasag and there is excellent macro in arco point which is closer to alona beach

Yes, definitely, you can check thru my flickr photos for examples of what you can see at Alona and Balicasag as I have them tagged. I was there in May and November of last year. My favorite were the mushroom pipefish and hairy pipefish. But you will have to scuba to get a shot of those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom