Bocas del Toro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roatanjan

Reaction score
Has anyone traveled to Bocas Del Toro, Panama?If so what is the diving like,any suggestions on where to stay?Is the snorkling close to shore.Thanks.

roatanjan:
Has anyone traveled to Bocas Del Toro, Panama?If so what is the diving like,any suggestions on where to stay?Is the snorkling close to shore.Thanks.
I was there a couple years ago. The area is really beautiful and on the verge of a tourist boom. Any info about lodging at this time would surely be outdated. You can stay in Bocas town or go to Bastimientos,a short water taxi ride. The snorkeling will require a boat trip from town. ...As far as the diving goes, a lot depends on the time of year because of the rains. I found the diving to be mediocre at best. Even the dive shop operator told us "people dive for something to do when they come here.....they dont come here just to dive". The area seems to be very heavily fished by the residents so marine life isnt as prolific as some places. Also...There are a lot of rivers that empty into the area,so vis can be be pretty poor when it rains. It rains ALOT. If your main reason to go to Bocas is for the diving....I think you can do much better elsewhere. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, with good food,friendly people and to do a little diving on the side...I think you will enjoy it!...Good luck and have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom