Boat Shopping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am headed to a boat show in Tampa in September. I have friends that are sales reps for various manufacturers - I think it will be a long day as they all know Im in the market.

Boat shows are obviously a great place to comparison shop. Make notes about what is important to you before you go (beam width, ease of getting in and out of the boat with gear etc...) because your head will be swimming with all of the makes and models available and their various options. Good Luck!

As I'm just a working class stiff, I have an older 20' wellcraft center console... however, if I had the money, I'd be interested in taking a closer look into the Calcutta cats

I just bought a 2200 regal bowrider. I liked the walk thru transom and swim platform. Does anyone have any info on tank racks? I'd like something that would fold away or detach easy when not in use.

I also have the Roll Control. The aluminum rails are mounted to the gunwales and despite my early doubts they have held my tanks securely even in rough conditions that resulted in the boat going airborne. N

I have owned dozens of boats and have 40 years on the water but if you want the best boat for the money and I will MORE THEN HAPPY TO PROVE THE FACT TO ANY ONE the boat I would buy is a Dusky. I used to be a whaler man but the hulls come apart after they take a beating. I had a lot of them. At one time I owned five of them at the same time.

My first Dusky was a 20 footer. I competed in all the spearfishing tourmentents in the Tampa bay area and won most of them. Won one because my boat was the ONLY boat that could run in a storm that hit us. A 28 foot Black fin and a lot of other bigger boats could NOT even get up on a plane that day. Eight foot plus seas, MY 20 foot Dusky was the ONLY boat that could run that day. I averaged 100 plus every day I went out. Been to the middle grounds in it several times.
Won the St. Pete Open as diver of the day.

On my 20 footer I could carry a 1,000 pounds of fish, 10-12 tanks and all the dive gear just in the bow of the boat. This left the entire stern Wide open.

NEVER buy a boat that does NOT have a solid stern. Lots of reason and would be Happy to explain to any one.

Show me another 25 footer that can do that??

EVERY OTHER BOAT is built on Spec. That means there is a 20-40 % sur charge.
A Dusky is ONLY built when YOU go to the Plant and Put a 20 % down payment down. When it is finished you pay in Full. Other boats are bought by dealers, the boat sits there.. YOU pay for the cost of it sitting there when YOU buy the boat.

At least 12 people have bought Dusky's after they see me come to the Dock or Beach with my fish. The boat does the talking.

The 25 footer is really sweet.

Owned most of them and been on all of them but NONE of them have the strength or room of a Dusky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom