Boat ladders and upper body v leg strength

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are considering alternatives to a ladder for our boat. Right now we love the ladder we have, but want to be ready for the day we can't come up with the gear.

The idea is that if wearing the gear going up the ladder becomes an issue, then lifting the gear off the water won't be any easier.

So the plan is to attach something to the side of the boat that can be used to lift the gear off the water, and who knows, maybe even lift a person in an emergency.
Now our boat is not very big so the device can't be too massive. I figure something like this below but haven't been able to find a source for them yet. This particular one is attached to the doc, we would want to have it attached to the boat instead.

IMG_0442.JPG

We are considering alternatives to a ladder for our boat. Right now we love the ladder we have, but want to be ready for the day we can't come up with the gear.

The idea is that if wearing the gear going up the ladder becomes an issue, then lifting the gear off the water won't be any easier.

So the plan is to attach something to the side of the boat that can be used to lift the gear off the water, and who knows, maybe even lift a person in an emergency.
Now our boat is not very big so the device can't be too massive. I figure something like this below but haven't been able to find a source for them yet. This particular one is attached to the doc, we would want to have it attached to the boat instead.

View attachment 738406
Just google a swing arm davit and you'll find dozens of options. And probably manufacturers who will be willing to customize.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ana
Just google a swing arm davit and you'll find dozens of options. And probably manufacturers who will be willing to customize.
Thanks, the keywords I've been using included "lift" and the results were a bit ridiculous for what I need.

View attachment 738406
The manufactures of disabled vehicles should be able to help. Plenty of lifting devices for getting wheelchairs into cars. I've been considering one for lifting the compressor.

Reactions: Ana
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom