Boat dives near Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have posted another thread trying to get more information about the flordia springs near Orlando but am also thinking about getting in the ocean. Where should I go for a good boat dive near the Orlando area? Gulf or Atlantic? I will probably be getting up around the devils den area.

av8er23:
I have posted another thread trying to get more information about the flordia springs near Orlando but am also thinking about getting in the ocean. Where should I go for a good boat dive near the Orlando area? Gulf or Atlantic? I will probably be getting up around the devils den area.

I'll give you my opinion... not to start a fight with the Gulf divers... :flame: I'd go to West Palm Beach... but.. if you want to chase sharks teeth... go to Venice...

Al

Yea, I called that place today and it seemed like a good operation but i will be there on a tuesday and wed. They only took one boat out during the week. I was hoping that I would find someone that would take us on two boat dives a day.

Running dive charters during the week is a little problematical in West Palm Beach. Traffic is a nightmare on I-95, so anyone coming up from Fort Lauderdale would be stuck in some absolutely hellacious tie-ups.
So the dive ops usually leave a little later - Narcosis leaves at 10am so most anyone misses rush hour and just has to deal with the normal highway construction slowdown. Leaving that late though pretty much excludes an afternoon dive - just not enough business to justify a run.

Abernathy's runs a 10AM 2 tank dive during the week. They are another great operation in WP. Your best bet to get WP is take the turnpike to Jupiter, then latch onto I-95 to Blue Huron Blvd...that'll bring you into downtown WP. Traffic isn't really that bad going that route. I tend to avoid traveling on I-95 as much as possible

Joe

av8er23 - what are the dates you're looking for? Just a little FYI... the Ft. Lauderdale boat show is oct 27-31. I imagine the coast will be busier than usual with boat traffic then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom