Blue XT~Sea and COVID-19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Dear valued Scubaboard members,

Effective immediately, I have made the decision to suspend operations until March 31, and will re-evaluate at that time. I must think of the bigger picture and the well-being of my staff and their families as well as the island residents.

Each of my staff members have high-risk family members and I do not want to chance unnecessary exposure. As excellent as the medical care in Cozumel is, the island simply does not have enough resources when the outbreak occurs, and I believe it will considering all of the cruise ships and air travel that has been coming in. All resources that are available will be needed for our elderly and immunocompromised.

We will be happy to take you diving at a later date when this blows over or in the meantime can help you get set up with another operations. All of our divers with reservations for the next 2 weeks have been notified.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Please stay well, stay home and wash your hands - this too shall pass.

With love and respect,
Christi
Blue XT~Sea Diving

Sorry to hear you have had to do this. I hope Pedro, Santos, Martin and everybody else stay healthy and that this is a short blip for all.

Dear valued Scubaboard members,

Effective immediately, I have made the decision to suspend operations until March 31, and will re-evaluate at that time. I must think of the bigger picture and the well-being of my staff and their families as well as the island residents.

Each of my staff members have high-risk family members and I do not want to chance unnecessary exposure. As excellent as the medical care in Cozumel is, the island simply does not have enough resources when the outbreak occurs, and I believe it will considering all of the cruise ships and air travel that has been coming in. All resources that are available will be needed for our elderly and immunocompromised.

We will be happy to take you diving at a later date when this blows over or in the meantime can help you get set up with another operations. All of our divers with reservations for the next 2 weeks have been notified.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time. Please stay well, stay home and wash your hands - this too shall pass.

With love and respect,
Christi
Blue XT~Sea Diving
I'm sure these are gut-wrenching decisions for everyone involved. Best wishes to everyone.

As you have time and when it's appropriate, would you please post updates? Do you have any thoughts on how we can support the operators and the Cozumel community at large during these times?

I'm sure these are gut-wrenching decisions for everyone involved. Best wishes to everyone.

As you have time and when it's appropriate, would you please post updates? Do you have any thoughts on how we can support the operators and the Cozumel community at large during these times?

Thank you. For operators, particularly legal operators who have full time staff, we will be the hardest hit because we still have to pay staff salaries, social security, as well as many other fixed costs. This will be very difficult, worse than post Wilma I predict. How can you help your favorite dive op?
  1. If you have a planned trip, postpone/reschedule and don't ask for your deposit back - keep it on file with your operator.
  2. Book ahead and prepay for a trip
  3. Purchase gift certificates
  4. Don't panic and don't cancel prematurely for April, May, June trips - I think this thing is literally a week or two at a time for decision making
  5. Airlines will be offering flexible cancellations up until trip time, so don't cancel flights until closer to your trip if things are still bad
Just a few ideas :)

AirBnB offered us a full refund for a non-refundable reservation (over 30 days). We offered to accept a credit from our favorite host but she went ahead and gave us the refund. Hopefully she still has her other places rented out.

Christie I commend your proactive approach! I did the same 3 weeks ago with my NYC office and personal...sent them all home on the very day the first case was announced in NY tri state area..I’m happy to say as of now, all remain healthy.

my next visit to CZM will include a dive with your outfit.

best,

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A number of off-topic posts (or those quoting them) have been deleted. If anyone wants to start a new thread about THEIR operations shutting down for the pandemic, feel free. Goes for their fans also.

And I am still trying to get back to Canada...maybe tomorrow... Marg, SB senior moderator

Just praying for this virus to be erased from our whole EARTH for the betterment of EVERYONE!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

A number of off-topic posts (or those quoting them) have been deleted. If anyone wants to start a new thread about THEIR operations shutting down for the pandemic, feel free. Goes for their fans also.

And I am still trying to get back to Canada...maybe tomorrow... Marg, SB senior moderator
Thank you Marg - I wish you safe travels and hoping you make it back to Canada! Keep us posted! My dog is on the American flight tomorrow to Dallas and I am driving from MSP towards Dallas to get her - a friend is driving from Dallas towards MSP - hoping to meet up in Kansas City to reunite with my fur baby!

Thank you Marg - I wish you safe travels and hoping you make it back to Canada! Keep us posted! My dog is on the American flight tomorrow to Dallas and I am driving from MSP towards Dallas to get her - a friend is driving from Dallas towards MSP - hoping to meet up in Kansas City to reunite with my fur baby!
Well, I am booked on two flights...one leaving from Cancun late this evening and one leaving Cozumel Monday. Plan A and Plan B respectively. I would prefer Plan B since it exposes me to fewer people but Plan A gets me there sooner in case of border lock downs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom