Blue water, White death

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

I emailed Stan Waterman and got this email in reply from another company, guess they must have forwarded the message.

-------------------

Blue Water, White Death was never released on video but remained in 16mm as a theatre release. A few BWWD collectors like my self have managed to obtain VHS copies from 16mm.

Please let me know if you are interested in purchasing a copy. The quality is good, considering the original format, and sound is fine. The price is $49.95 for the original, uncut film and includes the .30 and .60 trailers. Shipping is $3.85 to US addresses via USPS Priority Mail. I will Fed Ex if you prefer for actual shipping costs to your address. Attached is a credit card authorization if you wish to pay by credit card.

Sincerely,

Nancy McGee
nancy@islandtimescuba.com

-------------

They also attached a creditcard order form as a word document which I will not copy here.

Let me know if you go for it!

Tom

I'm sure I've read about this video here on scuba board last year. Search the board here. I believe the video was available by special order on VHS.. The discussion was about when it would be released on DVD. So it shold be out there.. Alternatly try Kazaa ;-)
Or I should say, Kazaalite.

Cheers

tstiemerling:
Talking of white sharks and Al Giddings, does anyone know if there is a video release of "Blue water, white death" available?
(For those that dont know, this was a documentary released in theatres in the 70's about finding and filming white sharks).

Thanks, Tom

There is also a book about the making of the film, dont remember who wrote it or the title, but it was a good read, not a lot of help was I :(

Talking of white sharks and Al Giddings, does anyone know if there is a video release of "Blue water, white death" available?
(For those that dont know, this was a documentary released in theatres in the 70's about finding and filming white sharks).

Thanks, Tom

:bounce: Possibly The Discovery channel, or local library, it's not easy to find, but I'll check around. Dottie from Florida

In the movie, before they finally find the Great Whites, they have coverage of three types of sharks feeding on a whale carcuss. One of the species are Oceanic White Tips, which they wind up swimming outside the dive cages with.
I've never seen longer footage of the Oceanic White Tips.
I think Jacque Cousteau said the Oceanic was the only shark that would approach humans without fear.
Greg

Blue Meridian by Peter Matthiessen is the book about the Blue Water, White Death expedition.

I have never seen the film, but would love to. The book was enjoyable and describes the expedition and how it almost failed due to no white sharks until the end.

That part that I really want to see in the movie is the oceanic whitetips devouring the whale.

If interested in the book, I got it used off of Amazon awhile back...but I have recently seen it reprinted in Border's books.
Bill

Here's a possible lead which I found on another site. I have not done any research; I've merely copied the text from there to here. Good luck.

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:27:36 +0200
Reply-To: jpb@iafrica.com
Sender: Sharks and Cartilaginous Fish Discussion <SHARK-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU>
Comments: Authenticated sender is <jpb@ct-pop.iafrica.com>
Organization: Internet Africa
Subject: Re: "Blue Water White Death"
In-Reply-To: <2.2.16.19980116082549.23771e46@idt.net>
Content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII

Richard Ellis wrote :

> "Blue Water, White Death" has never been released as a video, and the only
> way to get a copy is to find someone who recorded it from one of its rare
> appearances on television.

"Blue Water White Death" was released on video in 1995 by 20th
Century Fox Home Entertainment Inc . It is legally available on
video. It says catalogue number 7151 on the title sticker below the
Fox video logo. My local distributor is Nu Metro Video , but if you
live in the USA it should be easily and legally obtainable from 20th
Century Fox or whoever sells their videos for them.

cheers
JP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom