Blue water Byron bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AussieByron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
If you havn't heard already the South East Queensland and Far North New South Wales have recieved floods which some have describe as once in 100 years. Lives have been lost and the millions of dollars damage. The coastal town of Byron Bay sits just 160km South of the severly damaged city of Brisbane and 160km North of the regional city of Grafton also damaged by the floods.

Luckily Byron Bay missed out on the heavy rain and the floods over the past several weeks and recently recieved some excellent diving conditions and also the addition of the most Leopard Sharks (AKA Zebra Sharks) I have ever seen in the area. With well over 40 of these beautiful sharks in small area making excellent opportunity for so wide angle work.

Here is a collection of some of my favourite shots from today and yesterday.

5386749382_a81d00c4c5.jpg

5386748882_a434fab2d3.jpg

5383961421_d0129f68d5.jpg

5383959437_a370065ec8.jpg

5383955691_40afa8398b.jpg

5383954583_0c2890e830.jpg

I had the chance to take some video. Its not excellent quality but it doesn show you just how much Leopard Shark action there is:
DSC_0592 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Setup use is an Aquatica AD90, Tokina 10-17mm, Ikelite dual DS161, Nauticam VF

Cant wait until I get my new Aquatica housing for the D7000!

Cheers Mark

Wow, those shots are great! I'd really like to get to Byron Bay again. My wife and I were there about 5 years ago and loved it.

Nice shots, never seen anything like that group in the video amazing. Wonder if the water conditions have the congregating in "cleaner" water?

Great shots! The lighting and detail on the ray is especially nice. Great sunburst backgrounds, too.

As always, thank you for the pictures. I often talk about our trip to Byron Bay. I'd love to go back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom