Blue Springs, Orange City Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mustang

Registered
Reaction score
Called in sick to work on Monday and my buddies and I took off to Blue Springs. For once the springs water felt good because the air temperature was around 60 ( I know great for you guys in the North). Also got to dive with the Manatees for the 1st time. It was great. Here is a picture that you guys might like.

Walt

It's great to see one that hasn't been chewed up by boat propellers!

yea, you sign that you will stay away 50 feet,but they swim right up to you. I moved away and another one came up, so I told my self to just enjoy situation. It was great! Wish I could call in once a week and DIVE! hahahaha!

Walt

Nice shot Mustang!

I've heard that they're inquisitive and will come for a nosy look even if you try to move away from them to keep in protocol.

A brilliant dive like that is always better than a good day at work (I think having a sickie midweek should be encouraged - less competition at the popular dive sites!)

Cheers

As a Brit , I've only ever seen these fabulous animals once when on Holiday over your way.

I would love the chance to get a close encounter like that, I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous.

Are they still as endangered as they were ?

Thanks again
Hoppy

Back
Top Bottom