Blue Parrot Bar in Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ms tomato

Reaction score
I read somewhere that there was a Blue Parrot Bar in Cayman and it was destroyed in the hurricane last year. Is that true? I also read that the diving off the shore of the bar was super. Does anyone know anything about this. I am leaving tomorrow for Cayman and would love to dive this place. Thanks! :)

Coral reef started about 100 ft off shore at 25 to 30 fsw and dropped to a sandy bottom at about 60 fsw. Sandy bottom had some small patches of coral. I understand that if you continued away from shore, another coral reef and drop-off to about 100 fsw was accessible. I also heard that the blue parrot and coconut harbour are history but sunset house about 100 meters to the north (similar shore dive but more heavily used) survived the storm.

The bars were both wiped out at the Blue Parrot and Sunset House by Michelle. Sunset House has just finished rebuilding their bar, the Blue Parrot is no more! There's no dive shop at Coconut Harbour so just take your own tanks. As far as I know it's still a great dive. Have a great time.

The Blue Parrot is no more. Hurricane Michelle wiped it out. As others have stated, Sunset House just reopened their bar last Saturday.

The Blue Parrot was indeed south of Sunset House which is between Eden Rock and Smith Cove.

Thanks for the info. I am headed out in the morning for Cayman and I will be looking for the remnants of the Blue Parrot!

If you're looking for good shore dives, try Eden Rock/ Devils Grotto in front of the Eden Rock dive shop on the south side of downtown George Town. These sites are side by side and both have tons of swim throughs with silver sides swarming in them and plenty of tarpon lurking about. We just got back last week and loved it. We ended up doing 3 dives between the two sites (including a night dive).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom