Blue Ocean Safari in Mahahual / Costa Maya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to BOS after a day of diving with them during our cruise a few weeks ago. Usually one to avoid the ships excursions, I looked into BOS and Maya Palms. After exchanging a few emails with Phillip we were set up with two tank dive for the wife and I. Phillip emailed directions, map, etc. to make sure we found our way over- the system in Costa Maya is a pain- switching taxis, etc. but it's another story. Anyways, we grabbed a taxi over to town and then walked a few blocks to the cantina/dock. We met up Phillip and the gang and set up and headed out. Our DM Rodrigo was a great guy and everything was handled perfectly.

Prior to booking I'd read the review on CruiseCritic and here mentioning the tank issues, etc. but found things had been taken care of. We had no issues what so ever, and highly reccomend them. They even addressed the previous issues before diving which I thought was very nice on their part. I'd suggest anyone who stops off in Costa Maya, or who heads down for a a week or so to check them out. The hotel also looks great!

The diving was excellent as I've seen previously mentioned. It's still unspoiled down there and there was lots of life and health reefs. We had two great dives and hope to get back down there soon! Keep up the good work guys!

I'll second the good experience with BOS! We also were on a cruise (December), and had made the arrangements by e-mail prior, also with the intent of avoiding the cruise line shore excursions. It was absolutely fantastic...not just the diving, but the whole setting of Mahahual...a quiet town that looks like the backdrop for a Corona beer ad. The whole BOS crew is great...friendly, accommodating, and eager to show off their underwater world.

Hi,
Do you have the email address you contacted them still? I tried the info one on their site and no one returns emails. I know that internet down there is very hit and miss but it's been over a week.

Thanks
Clint

My wife and I dove with BOS on 1/24/07 - also while on a cruise ship vacation. I can say that the service was first rate - tanks were filled to 3100-3200 psi and they worked with our schedule and took extra care to clean our gear and dry it before we went back to the ship. Although the viz was not great (40 ft), we still had a great time - lots of life on the reefs there.

We watched the huge group diving from the cruise ship with DreamTime (right next door) and really enjoyed the fact that there were only 3 divers on our boat (us and an AOW student) - along with 2 instructors and the boat operator. We were allowed to dive our computers or our air supply, whichever came first. We were in the water before the DreamTime divers and finished our last dive well after them - and were still back onboard well before ship departure. For anyone interested, the cab fare was a big $6 each way for the two of us.

We are now considering a land/dive vacation in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom