Blue O Two holding a 50% off sale for Red Sea routes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess is that it was the combination between a full visa and the Taba entry point which triggered them. Probably 99.99% of the Israelis coming trough Taba get the free stamp on arrival without any hassle so you looked suspicious from the start. Add the fancy camera rig and they felt the need to look like they're doing their job.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any dumber, there's this: למה המצרים מפרקים מכוניות ישראליות בכניסה לסיני

Apparently car reverse cameras are now a grave security threat.

Well, at some point before the COVID outbreak I was contemplating a family grand Eastern Med tour with my car, taking it by ferry from Cyprus to Israel and then crossing into Egypt etc. As an Israeli you're not going to be very proud when you hear where the whole plan collapsed. It was when I learned the details about taking the car out of customs in Israel.
And I come from a friendly country with lots of ties to Israel...

Blue 02 Limited trading as Blue O Two (ATOL 6589) ceased trading on 15 November 2021
If you have booked a holiday with Blue 02 Limited we regret that certain bookings that have not departed may be cancelled. The majority of holidaymakers’ travel arrangements will be covered through one of a number of different types of financial protection.
If you are currently on a Blue 02 Limited holiday, you should be able to continue with your trip and return as planned.
Whilst this news may be upsetting for you, please be assured if your holiday was booked with Blue 02 Limited, we are here to help you.
Specific advice for customers is set out below, which will vary depending on the type of booking that you have made. It is important that you follow this advice closely.

Non licensable bookings

For all enquiries relating to non-air travel (non-ATOL) bookings such as accommodation only, your trip will continue as normal via Scuba Tours Worldwide Limited, subject to the exception below. You should receive an email reconfirmation of your booking. Scuba Tours Worldwide Limited will trade as Blue 0 Two and will continue to operate the www.blueotwo.com website.
If you have a query, customers and agents may call Scuba Tour Worldwide Limited’s Helpline on 01752 480808 (Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:30) or email support@blueotwo.com quoting your booking reference.
Exception: Accommodation only bookings made between 8 December 2019 and 7 December 2020, issued with a Financial Failure Insurance policy
These bookings cover accommodation only bookings for residents of the UK and EU made in the above time period.
Your booking is insured against the failure of the travel provider and you will have been issued a certificate at the time of booking with details on how to claim.
A claim should also be made to the insurer if a credit voucher was issued in respect of a relevant booking that was subsequently cancelled.
Insurers have been advised and will shortly issue instruction on how to lodge a claim. Affected customers will be provided with the claim details when they are available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom