Blue Lagoon info needed......TIA...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver 85

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
1st, having never been there, is it open now(I'm guessing it's a 'private' sort of a place etc etc) & how far(time wise) is it from the Leesville or Merryville, Louisiana area...Next, it's middle of January right now, what's the water temps going to be till mid to late February???--I'm assuming somewhere in the 50's(-) right now.. Also, when does it 'warm up to' the low 70's??...Again, TIA...........

Living in north Texas, I don't normally dive that far south; but for ALL of the lakes (deep / shallow / in-between) around here, the water temps are running about 45 - 52 right now. Blue Lagoon might be 2 to 3 degrees warmer accounting for the southerly location. BL is not very deep. I am not totally familiar with BL; but I believe the max depth is on the order of 23 ft or so. Water is also highly alkaline (by nature's standard) so there aren't really any fish that live in the quarry.

Blue Lagoon is closed until March although they will open by arrangement if a large enough group calls them. Max depth is 28 feet and water temps Dec. 15 were 58 degrees. It's probably low to mid 50's by now and will not be much warmer in early March. It really warms fast from April on.

Thanks all, thought it was deeper than that---so in reality not much different(for just getting wet) than the Turbine Channel just south of Toledo Bend, 15 to 20 feet deep---50 miles from home.......again thanks.....

Back
Top Bottom