Blue Lagoon 4/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last min dive trip plan- my husband and I will be in N Houston for a karate tournament on Sat., and plan to drive to Huntsville to stay Sat. night. We will dive at the Blue Lagoon on Sunday morning, then head back north for the remaining 4 hour drive home. I wish we could join yall at Twin Lakes on Sunday, but it's back-tracking for us, and we're not going to have time. If anyone wants to join us at BL on Sunday, that would be great.

Will the BL turn my blonde (only my hairdresser knows for sure...) hair green?

Foo

We did dive at Blue Lagoon today, no green hair- yippee! They don't add chemicals to the water, that's nice to know. We did about an hour dive, were very comfortable in 7mm with hoods, family dispute about the temp, but the median is around 64-65 degrees- more like 60-62 around 25' depth. I came here before putting up dive gear, so this will be short.

But, we really did like it, because the vis was very good compared to any other Texas lake we've been in. But we didn't even dive the clearest lake, because we were steered toward the training lake. We're considering going back next weekend. In any case, we'll definately be going back sometime. It was nice to dive a new site.

Foo

Make sure you clean your gear very well. Scrub it with a brush instead of just a rinse, especially your regs. That alkaline water will eat the chrome of your regs if you neglect that part. Don't ask me how I know! 'Course we were in it every weekend for a couple of years but still, it can build up. It can be a cool place to dive if you don't mind the hours spent on clean-up.

No they don't put chemicals in the water. But the alkaline keeps anything from living in it except some African cichlids that were put there by A&M as an experiment a few years ago.

Thanks for the warning, Dee- I love my regs! I will certainly wash them carefully. We are still thinking of going back there this weekend. Will decide for sure tonight.

Foo

Yep, we're going. We're planning to dive all day Sat., and if we don't get enough, Sun. morn. We'll be on the lake that is to the left, when you enter the park. White Monte Carlo. If any Swampers are out there be sure and come by and say hi, or go diving with us.

Foo

Nope, we're not going... may end up at CSSP on Sunday, but life got in the way of traveling this weekend.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom