Blue Horizon III?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barmaglot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Red Sea liveaboard that's already been paid for has just been delayed to 2022, so I'm looking for a bit of diving over the summer. Blue Horizon III is running a special at $966 for a week of diving, with the itinerary consisting of North Male, South Male, North Ari and South Ari. Skyscanner is showing roundtrip tickets from Tel Aviv to Male for $433, so even with surcharges, the whole thing looks like it will fit in less than $2k, and our currency is stronger vs USD than it has been in the past ten years. I've never been to Maldives before - is this a good route at this time of year (I'm looking at late June; give myself a birthday present), specifically with regard to photography, or is it a case of 'you get what you pay for'?

Better check with the SW monsoon.
Wrong time of the year I am afraid.

Reading up on Maldives, it seems like there's always some kind of a monsoon in that area, and june/july is reported to be whale shark and manta season, but I can't find any info on whether or not this is the right route for it.

Considering booking a trip too to go in the next few weeks. What did you decide?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom