Blue Grotto and Troy Springs Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Our group from Smoky Mountain Divers in Kingsport, TN made 5-7 dives at Blue Grotto and Troy Springs during the Turkey Day weekend. 11/26 & 11/27.

Saturday: We were at BG from 0900 until 5PM. I guess 50+ divers visited during the day. Water table is down. I got 91' at the bottom of the cavern. Might have dug around and found a little deeper, but the permanent line was in the mid 80' range. Vis was murked up with all the divers. We ate supper at the Williston Inn? Very good food at a reasonable price.

Sunday: We were at Troy by 0830. We had the whole place to ourselves for about 15mins, then another group came in. Our group was the first in the water. I told our group the vis depended on them. It was crystal clear until the other group came in and then everyone stirred up the bottom, but it was pretty for the first 15 minutes. The outlet to the Suwanee River is really down. Water now falls over rocks to get to the river. I think you can walk to the "Madison" and not get knee deep in water.

I made the drive north on I-95 and west on I-26 and dodged most of the major traffic jams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom