Blackbeard's trip June 7th-13th 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubasteve1982

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey just booked a trip with Blackbeards from Freeport Bahamas for the 7th -13th. Anyone else going? I'm going as a single. Anyone have some advice for me? I'll be taking my AOW while on the trip as well. I can't wait. This is going to be the longest month of my life!!

Sorry, I'm not going until Sept. I'll be on the Cat Ppalu at that time. Pack light. Only take the essentials you'll really need. Remember, you'll be in the water most of the time, so lots of clothes aren't needed- an extra set of swim wear might be a good idea, unless you really like that cold wet shock first thing in the morning:D. Also a good idea to bring some very small spring loaded clamps to keep your towels, swim wear & stuff from blowing off when hung out to dry. It can be a little crowded (depending on how booked up the cruise is), so be ready to maybe not have all the space you want. Above all be ready to have a great amount of fun & enjoy yourself!

:D Also, we expect a report & pictures (if you have time) after the trip!:D

Thanks for the info. And yes I plan on taking and posting lots of pictures and a trip report!

went with blackbeards many many times in the early/mid 90's- usually great trips- diving is good and weather is usually great this time of year- no matter how the diving turned out it was definitely always an adventure!

hi scuba! i just took a trip with them recently and it was fantastic!we put in like 21 dives or something ridiculous! going as a single won't be a problem as living quarters are tight and you will meet tons of scuba friends. you won't need to bring much though.. few pairs of board shorts, your dive gear, couple of t-shirts and a pair of flip flops you'll be good.. you really won't need to bring a lot because you'll be in the water a ton! the less amount of stuff you bring the happier you'll be because you won't have to carry a bunch of unecessary stuff. essentials though would be sun block, toothbrush-paste, deodorant, and soap and you'll be good! there is a sweet shark dive too! bring a camera for sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom