BlackBeards Nassau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chipster

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Going to Nassau April 3, will be going on the Cat Ppalu. Will be arriving a few days prior to the cruise and staying a few days latter after the cruise. Any one have any suggestion on where and who to dive with while staying in Nassau? I have read a few negative reports about Stuarts Cove. I will be staying at he
Nassau Harbor Club and Marina. Any other suggestions of things to do while I am there for these few days would be welcomed also.
:whack:

A lot of people do not like Stuart Cove's because it is a big operation. While this is true, it does offer some opportunities for smaller groups on the adventure dives. The DPV dive is awesome (max 6 divers) and usually runs through the shark feeding sites. The Jame's Bond wrecks dive on DPVs is like being in the middle of Thunderball. Of course, SCs claim to fame are the shark feedings; however, few people note that SC is one of the only places offering a Shark Awareness Specialty though PADI.
The shark wall dive is a magnificient dive along the 6000 ft trench "Tongue of the Ocean".

Anyway, yeah Stuart Cove's is a big operation; but its adventure dives are special and much less crowded than the normal two tank dive trips.

Chipster, let me know how do you like the cat pplau, I am thinking about booking something for the fall with them and would like as much feedback as possible from people that have gone out with them.

thanks
ivan

You might enjoy booking on one of the sailboats out of Miami if you like smaller groups.

My spouse and I did one last year, and we are repeating the experience this year!

Cost is EXTREMELY reasonable ($820 USD/person, singles available!!) and you'll log anywhere from 20 to 22 dives.

All food and alcohol is included (beer and some limited mixed drinks). Food is plentiful, varied, and delicious!

Air fare right now is only $79 from Indianapolis to Ft. Lauderdale (one way), and you might be able to find a similar fare from where you live.

You port one night on the cruise, but sleep on the boat.

It's a blast!

Ed

DeadSpam,...do you have a name and number for the company you dove with??

You might enjoy booking on one of the sailboats out of Miami if you like smaller groups.

The biggest problem with booking on a FL-based liveaboard is the travel across the Gulf Stream. Not only do you lose a day travelling EITHER way, but it is not always a good crossing. For example, with the slow speed of a sailboat, you need about a 3 day weather window to make sure that everything will be ok.

IMHO, you are better off booking with someone who is already based out of New Providence (Nassau) or some other Bahamian island. A short hop in a plane is preferable to a very lumpy water crossing.

~SubMariner~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom