Blackbeard's Liveaboard Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ninja

Reaction score
I'm shedding the tek gear and leaving the beloved Great Lakes behind for a tropical balckbeard's live aboard feb/03!!:)

And I know that this has probably been discussed a million times but can any of the fine members here on scuba board give some insight and recommnedations, tricks thoughts etc, etc.... To get the most out of this trip!!!

Forget what the web site says I would like the real deal!

exposure protection, what to bring things required that were not listed on the site. And any thing that you can add that you wish you could have done or changed!

Thanks for your help and comments
P.S. we are sailing the Bahamas

Len

pinstripe1 once bubbled...
For a fairly recent trip report see http://www.scubadiving.com/members/tripreports.php?s=1830

Bring as little non-Scuba stuff as you can get away with. Spring clamps or clothes pins. Good waterproof rain gear. Sweats to sleep in. Seasick meds!

Have a ball!

Thanks Pinstripe1 good info !! Funny take on that trip report link.

Len

Take an extra towel. Minimize clothing. If you are warm blooded a 3 mil full suit will do. A 5/3 is better, bring a hood or beanie just in case. It is basic, camping on the water, tons of fun, and great diving.

when I was in the bahamas last summer, I used just my swimsuit and was fine. and I agree with the others, if you can leave it at home, do so

I agree with everyone else, Pack light there is very little room to store stuff in your room. But excellent diving.
Enjoy!:)

Thanks for the replies everyone!!

Do you think that a 5mm one piece jumpsuit will be overkill?

I am pretty hardcore and will do 4 dives a day!!:)

I hear water temp will be 74 F end of February??

any more input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Len

Summer is not February. The water in the carribean is much colder in February.

scuberd once bubbled...
when I was in the bahamas last summer, I used just my swimsuit and was fine. and I agree with the others, if you can leave it at home, do so

I would suggest one large chamois(chammy, shammy or however you feel like spelling it) as well as one regular towel. Use the shammy on deck. You can dry off even when it is wet. Leave the other towel below deck. You can get them at many sporting good stores.

I would also suggest one of the portable padded chairs. It is a hinged pad with something to restrain it from opening all the way. The seats can be very hard after sitting for a long time.

Dan

leadweight once bubbled...
Take an extra towel. Minimize clothing. If you are warm blooded a 3 mil full suit will do. A 5/3 is better, bring a hood or beanie just in case. It is basic, camping on the water, tons of fun, and great diving.

Back
Top Bottom