Blackbeards june 14th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would like to try somewhere else, but since I happen to be, at this point, one of those once a year divers:rolleyes: I feel more comfortable going where I've gone before.

Would like to try Coz or perhaps Belize, maybe in Dec?

Buoyancy control not bad, but need to learn not to hoover my air ;-0

That said where would you suggest for Dec?

Thanks for the reply too:)

Ken

kwickert once bubbled...
I have a trip booked for the 14th of June on Blackbeard's.

This will be my third, just wondering if anyone here happens to be going the same time?

I wish...I had a blast on the last trip that I did with them. I can't wait to go on another one.

They do seem to be more expensive - the best part about my trip was that we went with a huge group of people that we knew and dove with on a regular basis. It made for a really, really fun trip.

Yes, Myself and Son and a group from our local WV dive shop are going on this trip. I think there are still slots available with our group. This is my second and it is an advantage to go with people you know. I do not know which boat we will be on.

Cool! You have to love it, not sure we'll be on the same boat but still, small world....

Just figured I would take a shot.

As I mentioned this will be my third trip.

Part of what I enjoy is meeting new people, so not worried. We'll have a great time I am sure.

Where else have you guys traveled?

Ken

Blackbeards in March was the first, June will be the second. We are new divers. Just "Hooked". Hope these are the first of many.

In march myself and oldest son did our OW cert dives on Trip.

Now son number two is being certified and we are taking second trip.

Soon it will be number threes turn, and ALAS I will have to make another trip. The things parents have to do to be fair! :)

Do you have a flight yet?

Any good dive sites in VA?

Mike

Yup, booked my flight yesterday, I am going to fly out of Lynchburg, which is a first. It's going to cost a bit more, but I think it might be easier in the long run, especially with just one person.

Sounds cool, having sons certified, you'll always have a dive buddy

:thumb:

There are a couple of quarries here, maybe an hour and a half away. I have also looked into wreck diving off the coast of North Carolina, but seems maybe a bit advanced for me as I am sorta just starting out too. I have been certified a couple of years, but so far it has only been 1 trip a year, so want a bit more experience before I tackle N.C.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom