Blackbeards Hogsty trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicdiver06

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey guys, I just got back from my first Blackbeards trip and had phenomenal time. I cant wait to go back, and I am looking at taking their Hogsty trip next summer. My question is this, Are there any folks on here that took their Hogsty trip last year. I'm trying to decide if I want this trip or the Exumas trip.

Thanks

Hey! We are on the trip this Sat.

Would you give us some details? IE Trip report?

Cool Thanx

It was an amazing trip. I was on the Pirates Lady, Pancho was the skipper, Jeremy DM Dave engineer (absoluteely histerical), And If Brandy is your cook you will eat like royalty. The trip itself was a very nice one. We reached as far as Bimini were we ported, and actually got lucky and did two shark dives. The weather was obsolutely perfect during the day, we got lucky and it only really rained at night when we were traveling. I think my trip did something like 17 dives in all. If you sail to Bimini try and talk your skipper into the shark lab on South Bimini, very cool experience. Viz was pretty good up until Wednesday, when it dropped to about 20-25 feet at most. One piece of advice, dont blam the crew if the diving is bad, we actually had planned on making a 75-90 ft dive on wednesday morning, the DM splashed got down to ten feet from the wreck and could not see it, so we aborted the site and drove about two miles up to a slightly better viz. DONT TAKE ALOT OF CLOTHES, trust me, you only 3-4 swim suits, 2-3 t-shirts (I used one all week for topside, one for below deck, and one for port night and the trip home), sunscreen needed. Bring dive lights, something to read, c-card all that crap, money for tips and crap. Anyway, yeah so it was a greattime.

Not sure what you mean by backpacks?????? The entire trip is a cruise, and it ports one night and the rest are spent out at sea.

"Not sure what you mean by backpacks?????? " you know what I mean by backpacks . You get them at the End of the world bar on Bimini . I think you even bought a round .

Yeah I was on the same trip . All the stuff that he says in his post I echo the praise for the crew . It was a fun experience . I would love to do it again as well . Hopefully I'll get to dive with some of the people from that boat again , it was real fun.

It was an amazing trip. I was on the Pirates Lady, Pancho was the skipper, Jeremy DM Dave engineer (absoluteely histerical), And If Brandy is your cook you will eat like royalty. The trip itself was a very nice one. We reached as far as Bimini were we ported, and actually got lucky and did two shark dives. The weather was obsolutely perfect during the day, we got lucky and it only really rained at night when we were traveling. I think my trip did something like 17 dives in all. If you sail to Bimini try and talk your skipper into the shark lab on South Bimini, very cool experience. Viz was pretty good up until Wednesday, when it dropped to about 20-25 feet at most. One piece of advice, dont blam the crew if the diving is bad, we actually had planned on making a 75-90 ft dive on wednesday morning, the DM splashed got down to ten feet from the wreck and could not see it, so we aborted the site and drove about two miles up to a slightly better viz. DONT TAKE ALOT OF CLOTHES, trust me, you only 3-4 swim suits, 2-3 t-shirts (I used one all week for topside, one for below deck, and one for port night and the trip home), sunscreen needed. Bring dive lights, something to read, c-card all that crap, money for tips and crap. Anyway, yeah so it was a greattime.

If I can't blame the crew, then I'll blame you. :D

We don't care about crap vis. We're from Michigan. :) 25ft is good. lol

Thanx for the report.

Sorry sra12574. And the lucky answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!. and that was one of worst burning shots I've ever had. But hell, I'd do it again.

Go ahead blame me, I dont care. I live in O-H-I-O, and 25 ft is good viz, but I went there for 50-75 viz, beside I also went to enjoy the weather.

Last edited:
Go ahead blame me, I dont care. I live in O-H-I-O, and 25 ft is good viz, but I went there for 50-75 viz, beside I also went to enjoy the weather.

I missed that you were from Ohio.

I will most definately blame you now. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom