Blackbeards Cruise Nov. 10 thru 16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be glad your not there this week!!

I just got back, and I'm glad that I went earlier this year than I usually do.

Noel is affecting their weather. Winds will be 30mph+ tommorow and the rest of the week.

I doubt if anyone will be diving this week.

Was reading up on Noel and it sounds like she will be way up the east coast by the end of the weekend. How do you all think that will affect viz and conditions by the time we are down there (11/10-11/16)? Viz is usually bad right after a storm right?

Was reading up on Noel and it sounds like she will be way up the east coast by the end of the weekend. How do you all think that will affect viz and conditions by the time we are down there (11/10-11/16)? Viz is usually bad right after a storm right?

Last year we were diving 2 days after Wilma. Vis was great.

I heard from freinds on Grand Bahama last night.
The storm passed them and yesterday it was sunny and warm with FLAT seas.

I heard from freinds on Grand Bahama last night.
The storm passed them and yesterday it was sunny and warm with FLAT seas.

That's great to hear!
Oops, I am ogged into my wifes account. :D
This is vel525

Hello all, I am the OP and it has been interesting to read the various posts. I did not realize it at the time but the Blackbeards cruise that I will be on Nov. 10 thru 16 has been advertised as a singles cruise. I booked on it because I had that week free and because of the diving. Blackbeards sent an email a week or so back informing us that as of that date 14 guys had booked and no girls and they would keep trying to recruit some. Well, whatever.
Noel passed our way here in the Boston area last Saturday and the weather that day was crummy. Sunday was sunny and almost 60degrees and just a little windy. I had two students out finishing up some drysuit specialty dives. Visibility was bad though. Hope the weather has gotten all this out of its system.

wow, only 3 more days! :D
iveleaguediver, i will be on the juliet. i'll keep an eye our for your boat and say hi if we cross paths. if not, have a great trip!

oh, if our boats are at the same place, i'll be the guy with the red oxycheq wing!

victor

I was asked by a scubaboarder how my trip on the Pirates Lady went. The answer is that it went great. The weather was very nice and the overall water temp was about 79-80F. The visibility varied from place to place. We started out from Freeport and visited some sites in that area and then made the crossing over to Bimini and visited sites up and down the coast so we visited a good variety of sites and traveled quite a bit. We did the usual shark feeding dive and that was handled well and no one was injured. We tied up at Bimini and spent the night there. Some of the passengers took the opportunity to visit the local bars and got plastered. By the way, vel525, we saw the Juliet there and I suppose you were aboard. The crossing back to Freeport overnight was rough and the boat got slammed quite a bit by waves. There was no particular storm the water was just rough. Was okay as long as you stayed in your bunk. It would have been a little difficult to walk around or climb the ladders at that point.

The boat is okay as long as you know what to expect. It is not luxurious like the Aggessor or Peter Hughes boat but on the other hand it costs half as much. Its the dive boat for divers who get along really well as there is not a lot of room and also not a lot of privacy. The food was okay and the crew was very nice. We had a congenial group of divers (all guys) and I might add they were all pretty competant divers as well. Our trip was nick-named the Bachelors Cruise.

My next dive trip will be on the Kona Aggressor starting March 29 but that is another story.

I'm going on the Blackbeard's trip this Saturday so I've been reading through old posts. Those shark pictures are disturbing....I will not be happy if someone pulls a shark onboard, cuts it into pieces and cooks it up. Is this behavior normal?

Judging by these pictures, it doesn't look like they "accidentally" caught a shark:

sotorn.com/html/sotorn_s_blackbeard_pictures_93.html
sotorn.com/html/sotorn_s_blackbeard_pictures_96.html
sotorn.com/html/sotorn_s_blackbeard_pictures_102.html

Back
Top Bottom