Blackbeard's + C-4040 + PT-010 = too much fun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well I'm back from the Bahamas, lots of "on the job" training diving with my new 4040/010 rig. Lots of bad shots, some good ones, and a whole lot of diving mixed in between.

I'm headed home to San Antonio tomorrow and won't have broadband access, but here's probably the cream of the crop (still gotta go through 'em all again) IMO.

basketstar.jpg

arrowhead.jpg

boatsunset.jpg

bristlestar.jpg

Thanks for all the tips/reading that I've absorbed over the last few weeks getting ready for this trip. The camera also takes some great video!

This thing was too much fun to play with, although I did have a slight change in air consumption while diving with the camera (shorter dives). Other than that (and forgetting to change the batteries before a dive and of course seeing about 8 different morays on it after the batteries died), it was a great trip and I had a blast with this camera.

AD

spotted stingray.jpg

star on star.jpg

xmastreeworm.jpg

Did the PT-010 work fine even after all the cracking issues you had?

Did you use an external strobe or are all of these just with the internal?

-=WonderSlug

Yeah the housing was fine, it's looking in the aftermath like it was more of a manufacturing flaw than a serious concern (I had the housing down to 118 ft. with no problems).

Those were all taken with internal flash only, there's some other ones that have some amazing color on them just from the flash.

BTW, I had the camera set on a custom program shooting macro the entire time and also forced flash (the lightning bolt symbol).

AD

Ah, the dreaded batteries. AS Dee and I have found out, don't leave them out too long either. You may be surprised at the change of camera settings.

Nice shots! Keep up the good work.

Very Nice, AD!!! Especially for your first ones. I really like the Basket Star.

Those blasted batteries have been the downfall of most of us at one time or another!

Congrats...sure am glad everything worked our for you!

Back
Top Bottom