Blackbeard Tiger Shark Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone been on one of the Blackbeard Cruises October and November Shark Cage Dive Trips? I just booked a fall trip. I know the Blackbeard cruises accomodations are bare bones, but that's fine because I'm going solo, so all I need is a bunk, weights, tanks and deep blue. This will be my first liveaboard experience. I've been on several shark dives and I can't get enough of these beautiful creatures. Any feedback welcome. Coqui Diver :D

Thanks AHEAVYD, I had read this post. It seems that most Blackbeard dive trips have at least one shark dive but the one I'm referring to is "Cage diving at Tiger Beach"
The following is the description of the trip provided on an e-mail from Blackbeard:

Keep in the loop- Tiger Shark Diving will resume this fall!
Cage diving at Tiger Beach will be offered again in October and November.
September Tiger Shark Cage Dive Trip: $995 per person

October and November Shark Cage Dive Trips $1195 per person

Divers get the chance to see these magnificent creatures up close and personal!
Dive within the safety of the cage. Photo ops galore! This trip focuses on sharks of the
the Bahamas. We see Tiger sharks, Reef sharks, Nurse sharks and the
occasional hammerhead! Space is limited on these trips. Only 15 divers per trip
are booked so inquire for more details.

Coqui Diver

You know, that is tempting as heck. I might book it myself. (My LDS is going to Blackbeard's next month but I dawdled and didn't book, and now I'm gonna miss the boat. :()

Likelite, I'm booked for the Oct 28 to Nov 3 shark trip and I'm going solo. It would be much better buddying up wit a SB'er than an insta-buddy. Go for it!
Coqui Diver

Back
Top Bottom