Blackbeard - Questions Backup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. . . taxi rates . . .
I hear that taxis can be more expensive, so the 2 of us took the transfers to the Nassau Harbor Club. However, on the way back we arranged for a tour guide to pick us up at our 9 a.m. disembark and give us a quick tour of the Nassau area combined with taking us to the airport.

Not to change topics... there are two BB boats? Are they the same layout?

I've sailed both. They are the same layout and almost identical only with a few minor differences. The biggest one I noticed was the beer tap was in a different location on the aft deck. :)

They used to have 3 boats until the Pirates Lady ran aground about 5 years ago and they are all the same size and layout.

When we did the Blackbeard's cruise years ago, all 3 boats were out that week and my husband and I were on the Sea Explorer. They sailed out of Florida back then not Nassau, and all 3 boats docked in Bimini at the same time and we all had fun together while ashore.

During that week all 3 boats also moored off of a small island in the Bahamas that was being mined for salt by a glass manufacturer. We had a bonfire party on the beach and the workers joined us and provided wood for the fire.

I have a lot of great memories from that trip, including some very good dives - it was our first liveaboard - but not our last!

Correction: I meant to say "a small island in the Bahamas that was being mined for SAND by a glass manufacturer." Duh!

Back
Top Bottom