black water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We generally wait until the bubbles stop coming up then have the line tender reel the diver in. :D

Just kidding. We use line signals with the boat crew tracking the down time and watching the bubbles to judge consumption. Also the diver is responsible for monitoring his own consumption and surfacing to check whenever he feels the need.

We generally wait until the bubbles stop coming up then have the line tender reel the diver in. :D

Lol... That reminds me of a mission we were on with some department admin present. I was asked why we dive tethered... I replied, "so we can recover the gear if he drowns." Needless to say, it was lost on them...

We never dive any diver for more than 25 mins. max. We don't have any waterways in our county deeper than forty feet, with most being between twenty five to thirty. We dive hardwire comms with line pulls as a backup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom