Black silicone or clear silicone in TUSA Visualator mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the Wintech model FS-106, which appears to be the same mask as the Tusa Visualator, but for about half the price. Got mine with a black skirt from my LDS for about $35. No more glare.

Here's a link to the company's online offerings:

Wintech Diving. A Wholesale Diving Store

It's a relatively large volume mask, but that's not a concern for me, since I'm rarely in high current situations.

I might add that it fits well on my averaged-sized face, but it can certainly accomodate larger faces, as advertised (see it on my mug in my Profile, if you like).

Dave C

It seams the same for comfort, fit (can go whole dive and not clear it) and I think that I can see out better, than I can with the clear skirted one .. the arguments for cutting down on reflections and being able to see better with a black skirt are true, and would apply to everyone, but, those that feel claustrophobic or need/want the visual cues from being able to see slightly through the clear skirted one would like that one better ..

Black, if only for the reason that you can't stop clear from yellowing after a few months.

I have the visulator with a clear skirt and love it. The only issue I encounter with it is if I smile, I break the seal on the mask every time and have to clear it. It doesn't happen with any of the smaller masks that I have worn. So from now on I refuse to have any kind of fun on dives and then I don't have to worry about breaking the seal!

I have the visualator and atomic subframe. While I like them both, the visualator has a HUGE volume compared to any other mask I've tried. The mask is so big, I have to take care not to turn my head too fast or the drag from the water will rip it loose and shift it left or right on my face. Having said that, I still like it because of one feature that folks tend to either ignore or not mention: Having the glass further from your eyes provides a clearer view than having the glass really close to your eyes. The atomic sub works well, but the view, especially downward, suffers from distortion because the glass is so close to my eyes. Even so, I use the atomic more often. To simulate what I'm talking about, press your face up to an aquarium and look around. Notice the distortion? Now back away slowly and watch the distortion quickly disappear. It's like looking through a prism.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom