Black ice BCD weight pocket handles cracking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flaminr6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have an Apeks Black Ice BCD that I purchased in December 2014. The weight pockets are starting to crack in the rubber between the pocket and the handle. What can I do about this? I'm currently in south east Asia and customer service isn't found in the native language. Thanks

You bought it six months from now? A time traveler...?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sorry 2013.....Its six months old lol.....It was a Christmas present to myself

I don't have that bc, but I can't imagine after 6 months it's not under warranty anymore. I'd send it back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Aqua Lung US - Personal Aquatic Equipment for Personal and Professional Use - Recall Notice ? SureLock?II Weight Pocket Handles

Unless someone sold you an old stock item any AL/Apeks BCD sold in the last year should have the current surelock version
If it has the surelockII check for the type... it may be part of the older recalled version. .
Free replacement if you have access to a dealer/service center.
Other options would be to order just the replacement handles, pockets or use a weight belt.

Flaminr6,

where are you currently living?

Yep, it should definitely still be under warranty. In recent weeks, the sure lock weight pocket handles have actually been replaced by much more durable versions. This is a common and frequent problem for Apex & Aqualung BC's - I've now gone through many replacement handles for my Aqualung Pro QD pockets. Not sure if its the same story internationally, but here they are free, you just need to contact your local dealer to get them swapped out.

I am living in Koh Tao Thailand. Its was bought just before Christmas 2013 from leisure pro.

Flaminr6,

please contact our distributor there for arrangements to replace the handles.

Aquamaster (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
43/30-32, Moo 5
T. Rawai, Phuket, 83130
Tel: +66 76-281-227
info@aquamaster.net
www.aquamaster.net

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom