Biograd-Francesca di Rimini

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
Some years ago I dove the Francesca di Rimini from Biograd with a Dive Center owned by a Dutch guy. He wasn't that young anymore.
Had excellent staff. Does anyone know the name of the DC and if it still exists?

Some years ago I dove the Francesca di Rimini from Biograd with a Dive Center owned by a Dutch guy. He wasn't that young anymore.
Had excellent staff. Does anyone know the name of the DC and if it still exists?

Hi!

The diving centre you are talking about can't be anything but Bougainville Diving, situated on Kumenat beach on the outskirts of the city centre. This diving centre was run by a great dutch guy named Ger Ten Velden, unfortunately he has now retired and the dive shop has for the two last years been run by an Austrian and changed a lot. I did both my OWD and AOWD there and dived with them for several seasons, but this year I went elsewhere for my diving.

None of the staff working there over the last 8-10 years are left, only people without knowledge about the area. Fortunately for us that spend a lot of time in the area his old staff are now working on establishing their own dive shop.. Until then if you want to experience more diving in the area I can recommend what is called Boran Diving. Small scale, experienced guy with a nice diving boat. If I'm not mistaken he has taken on one of the most experienced dive guides that used to work at Bougainville.

Hi!

The diving centre you are talking about can't be anything but Bougainville Diving, situated on Kumenat beach on the outskirts of the city centre. This diving centre was run by a great dutch guy named Ger Ten Velden, unfortunately he has now retired and the dive shop has for the two last years been run by an Austrian and changed a lot. I did both my OWD and AOWD there and dived with them for several seasons, but this year I went elsewhere for my diving.

None of the staff working there over the last 8-10 years are left, only people without knowledge about the area. Fortunately for us that spend a lot of time in the area his old staff are now working on establishing their own dive shop.. Until then if you want to experience more diving in the area I can recommend what is called Boran Diving. Small scale, experienced guy with a nice diving boat. If I'm not mistaken he has taken on one of the most experienced dive guides that used to work at Bougainville.

Yes I found them myself. I communicated with the new Austrian owner already (I am Austrian myself). To keep it friendly: Yes they changed a lot. It is now PADI standard. After some emails, I decided to not go there. (I had schedule for being 1 week in Europe and thought of making it 2 weeks and go there for say 7-10 days....).

Do you have any contact informations about the Boran or the old dive guides. They were all excellent.

thx

Yes I found them myself. I communicated with the new Austrian owner already (I am Austrian myself). To keep it friendly: Yes they changed a lot. It is now PADI standard. After some emails, I decided to not go there. (I had schedule for being 1 week in Europe and thought of making it 2 weeks and go there for say 7-10 days....).

Do you have any contact informations about the Boran or the old dive guides. They were all excellent.

thx

Yes, I have :)

Boran-Diving.eu | Biograd, Croatia
email/phone number: k2apitano@gmail.com/00 385 91 553 4969
- He does not provide courses, but everything else

PS. For some exiting european adventures, here in Norway we have some of the most spectacular diving sites in the world!

Back
Top Bottom