Bikini Atoll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I watched a show on the Nuclear tests in the 40's and 50's. They dove the USS.Saratoga and I started to drool. I mean I was really starting to get excited and after hearing the depth I started looking up the hang times.
I probably will never get the chance to dive there so I don't know why I reacted like I did. The video was spectacular.
Has anyone been down on Sara? Please share.

Check this link

Why you worried about the hang times? They have surface supplied 80% - I think my longest dive was something like 75 minutes. Only problem on the bar there is not much to see except the occasional shark pass but we managed to sing a few songs! Well the hand signals anyway....

Swing Low.... Time for the Welsh to roll over tomorrow - I hope!

Jonathan

Thanks. Looks like you kept that camera busy. What were you using? I bet it was easy to kill a roll on every dive.

cameras and 128MB cards!! Good job I took my lap top with me though.....

I use a Sony DCS-85 with a custom built housing.

Jonathan

I too have been to Bikini.....

Click here for my info & images and follow the links to Bikini.

While not wanting to be accused of spam, spam, eggs & spam, I have space on a trip 23-30 April if you are interested. $2350 instead of $2750....

I can confirm what Jonathan says about lack of interest on the deco bar. Though on one dive I did see a jellyfish Wow!

Regards
Jim

I already have vacations planned for March 10 and Aug 15 I think.

For me to get away on that trip I would have to drug the other half and arrange to keep her under for the whole time I was gone.
Then they would have to drug me for the long plane flight (s). We have figured out that my limit is 5 hours in a plane before I get REAL grumpy. That is unless I am in first class. (Not too often)
Then I can take a little more unless "BOBBY" is on the plane.

BOBBY is our code word for the pane in the Butt child that is anywhere within ear shot. You know him. The mother only has to say the kid's name about 5000 times during the flight.

Back
Top Bottom