Bigger tank or continue diving more?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane:
The cert says NAUI but the training went far beyond the required minimums...that's what's nice about having an entire semester for a course. :wink:

Don't think NAUI trains on SAC until AOW.

Keep and eye on eBay there is a guy that has been dropping Norris 120s with a 3/05 hydro for around 200 beer credits.

I'm 6'1" and 215 havd a SAC in the low .4s and dive 100s. I like ending my dives with almost 1/3 of my gas. When needed I have it.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. I'm talking this over with a few people and they are going to help me figure out what would be better for myself.

Thank you all again and I'll let you know what I decide and if it helps of which ever way I go.

Michael

just one more thing to add,

Haveing more air is never going to be bad thing. Its not like the ME is going to say "Well if he just had less air in that tank he would have lived" (exploding tanks don't count here) So even if you are able to drop your SAC to .01 it still going to help to have more air (ie a bigger tank)

Also I have to second the suggestion to try and learn yoga, its really very easy at first and helps you concentrate on your breathing. It will help with flexibility and no matter your physical condition you can do it. (Trust me, I am 6' and 292lbs and it has helped me a lot)

Good luck with whatever choice you go with. Oh and of course ALWAYS dive more, even if you don't need it, cause we ALWAYS need to dive more :)

Dive-aholic:
You obviously did the class with the wrong instructors. SAC should definitely be discussed in deep and wreck. And instructors should at least know their SAC range.

This was a SSI course. I dont think SAC is mentioned at all in the wreck manual.
It was discussed in the deep course but when it came to doing the dives it wasnt mentioned or even part of the dive plan.
A buddy is now looking at doing the deep and wreck courses so he can do some dive trips on some 30m wrecks. I told him to forget it and go for a TDI Advanced Nitrox.

Blacthorn,

Thanks. I will see about attending a few Yoga classes.

I do have to say that my buoyancy is WAY off and trim is naturally. I just watched a video from my last boat dive.... jeshhh. I had to have made surfable waves some where. I now see how bad it is. I could throw up!

Well, time to buckle down and dive more and practice and practice.

Thanks again all.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom