Bigger boot size on a dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eluzgin

Registered
Reaction score
I bought a dry suit recently.
It was a great deal 30% of original price - so I couldn't miss it.
The only problem - it's slightly bigger. boot size is 12 while my size is 10.5
I have tried it in a pool but have yet to try it in ocean.
Do you think bigger boot size could be an issue?

yes it could be,but you may be able to fix it with some tech fabric socks to fill the space,oherwise you may get to much air trapped.

It depends on your socks, your fins and the inseam lenght.

I had the same issue a couple dry suits ago. I just wore a pair of heavy wool socks to take up the extra volume and the extra lenght in the boot did not pose any problem at all with my fins.

However if the fit is too loose in the ankle/heel area and the leg is also too long, your feet could slip out of them if you end up on your head underwater. In that case a strap around the ankle or a set of snug fitting ankle weights may be needed.

I recently changed drysuits and the new one has bigger boots than my original suit and I was concerned about that. I wear the heavy "drysuit booties" from Viking and since my feet are so small (7 womens=5 mens) the booties are too large for me as well though they fit my husband's size 9 feet great. When I would don my old suit the booties would end up wadded up under my feet and a bit uncomfortable. When I switched suits the larger booties made it easier to put the suit on and allowed the "empty" part of the bootie enough room to slip into the boot without going under my foot. I'm actually happier with the larger boots. I highly recommend a pair of the Viking booties, I bought mine from Bob3 here on the board. They keep your feet toasty and take up the excess room in boots that are a bit too big.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom